Supporting You Every Step of the Way
Monthly Bariatric Surgery Support Group Meetings
We highly recommend our patients join our monthly support group meetings.
Our support group offers a sense of community and safety in which you can share experiences and offer support to others. Anyone can join and there is no charge to attend.
Support group meetings are led by Dr. Collins Hodges, both a licensed clinical psychologist and someone who has had bariatric surgery himself.
Joining the support group will give you a unique opportunity to hear from others who are at different phases of their weight loss journey, those who are considering bariatric surgery and those who have had the surgery years ago.
Among the benefits are:
- Assistance with the dietary and lifestyle changes that accompany bariatric surgery,
- Strategies to correct problematic eating patterns,
- Becoming more aware of the struggles with food addiction and patterns of emotional eating,
- Ways to increase compliance with post-operative instructions,
- How to address the relationship between unhealthy personal relationships and unhealthy eating, and
- Strategies to identify challenges and high-risk situations and to discover alternative, positive behaviors and healthy food options.
2022 Support Group Schedule
- January 3
- February 7
- March 7
- April 4
- May 2
- June 6
- July 5 (Tuesday)
- August 1
- September 5 (Tuesday)
- October 3
- November 7
- December 5
Join our Support Group
For free support at any stage in your weight-loss journey.
The first Monday of every month
6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. CST
Meetings held via online Zoom
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Patient Support Blog
One of our most popular patient support tools is our Bariatric Patient Support Blog. We encourage you to check it out as we add new information and tips frequently.
My New Beginning App
Check out our My New Beginning App for iPhone and Android. Our app has been reviewed by healthcare professionals to ensure that it includes relevant features that are designed to help you manage your weight loss like a pro.
Request a Bariatric Surgery Consultation
Our team is here to support you through every step of the journey. Take the first step toward a fresh start and schedule a consultation with us today.